Medical Care Plan
The College offers a PPO Health Plan and a Qualified High Deductible Health Plan with Highmark to eligible employees with the following features:
- Benefits will be paid at a higher level when a participating physician and/or facility rather than at a non-participating provider who renders services.
- Participating Provider Search (please ensure "BCBS PPO" is selected for network)
- 100% after deductible. Co-pays do not apply to the deductible.
- PPO Plan - $350 Individual/$700 Family Deductible
- QHDHP - $1500 Individual/$3000 Family Deductible
- There is also a mail in prescription program offered for medications you take on a regular, long-term basis. You will receive up to a 90 day supply at a reduced rate. Prescription Formulary can be accessed here.
- The plan requires pre-certification 15 days prior to inpatient admission. More information is available here.
A 15% contribution by the employee is required for single coverage. For persons electing dependent coverage, the employee will contribute 20% of the monthly dependent premium. These premiums can be contributed on a pre-tax basis through a Section 125 Premium Conversion Plan. The monthly premium paid by the employee:
PPO - single coverage is $121.80, two-person coverage is $334.89, family coverage is $408.03
QHDHP- single coverage is $111.78, two-person coverage is $307.04, family coverage is $374.10.
Employees who choose to waive health plan participation can receive a $750 annual incentive upon receipt of proof of other non-Juniata health plan coverage. The incentive will be paid through payroll (taxed).
Useful Benefits through our Medical Plan:
- You can access Virtual Healthcare through Well360. This benefit can be accessed any time of the day or night by calling 866-883-7358 or by clicking HERE.
- Connect Care 3 (CC3) offers nurse navigators, health coaching, registered dietitians, and patient advocacy. It’s a no-cost benefit for all health plan participants and can be accessed by calling 877-223-2350 or clicking HERE.
- Blues on Call is offered through Highmark and offers free triage services by registered nurses, health coaching and health care navigation. Blues on Call can be reached by calling 888-258-3428.
- Preventive Care is provided at no cost to health plan members when received in-network. We encourage you to seek Preventive Care. Please review the Preventive Schedule HERE.