Who needs to complete updated forms?
All eligible employees wishing to add or drop coverage, retain a spouse/ domestic partner on the medical plan, continue in Flexible Spending Accounts, continue HSA contributions through payroll deductions, or enroll in the Health Plan Waiver Incentive, must complete the appropriate forms outlined below before November 20, 2023. Updated forms can either be emailed to Paige Hower or dropped off at the Human Resources Office (please feel free to utilize the drop box on the front door).
In order to add coverage for your medical, dental or vision plan, please use the Pre-Tax Election of Benefits Form detailing your change in coverage level, as well as complete the corresponding enrollment form. In order to drop coverage for your medical, dental or vision plan, please use the Pre-Tax Election of Benefits Form detailing your change in coverage level.
IMPORTANT: The health plan waiver remains $1,000 annually in 2024. If you’re selecting to waive medical insurance, you must complete the Health Plan Waiver annually. The health plan waiver is offered to benefits eligible employees who have other non-Juniata medical coverage and have provided proof of coverage—this is either a letter provided by your Medical Insurance Carrier or the employer in which your coverage is provided through, or a dated enrollment screenshot. A Medical ID Card does not provide sufficient proof of coverage. The waiver will be paid through payroll in 24 equal installments of $41.66, totaling $1,000 annually.
Employees who wish to add or retain spouses or domestic partners who do not have access to other medical coverage may petition for an exception to the rule by completing the Spouse Insurance Certification form, which must be returned to Human Resources no later than November 20, 2023. If the form is not completed and returned by November 20, 2023, coverage will end December 31, 2023 at 11:59 PM.
Online Flexible Spending Enrollment is available again this year. The annual maximum for health FSA's is $3,200 for 2024. The maximum carryover amount for the FSA is $610 for 2024.. The annual maximum for dependent care DCA’s remains $5,000. Please note that HDHP participants are not eligible to enroll in FSA accounts, but you may contribute to an HSA account. Enrollment instructions are available HERE. Please note that HDHP participants are not eligible to enroll in FSA accounts, but you may contribute to an HSA account.
If you're enrolled in the High Deductible Health Plan ( HDHP) and wish to make payroll contributions into an HSA account, you must complete the HSA Payroll Deduction form annually. The college contributions of either $700 for employee only coverage or $1400 for two person or family coverage will be contributed based on enrollment into the HDHP, and no form is necessary for the college contributions. A recording of a recent HSA Training is available here.
If you’re electing to change your Life Insurance coverage through The Hartford, please complete a new Enrollment Form. Any current employee who is adding additional supplemental coverage during annual open enrollment must submit Evidence of Insurability (medical evaluation). If you’re looking to update your beneficiary for life insurance please use the attached form.
Benefit Updates and Changes:
- Medical premium share has shifted to a 20% single employee contribution rate. Employees who completed the Be Well @ Juniata Incetive by October 31, 2023 will remain at a 15% employee only contribution rate. Please note that two person and family coverage are built upon the single employee contribution rate; therefore, this change impacts all employees enrolled in Juniata's medical insurance. Employees who have completed the program will receive a notification from Human Resources. If you have not received an email by November 6th confirming completion and believe you have completed the program, please email Paige Hower at email@example.com.
- Continuing in 2024 - Qualified High Deductible Health Plan option with Health Savings Account! (HSA Training slides available at this link)
- QHDHP annual deductible will be increasing from $1500 to $1600 for employee only coverage, and from $3000 to $3200 for two person or family coverage. This change is required in order to retain the status of a Qualified High Deductible Health Plan per the minimum deductible amounts released by the IRS for 2024. Juniata College will continue to contribute monies into an HSA account for those enrolled in the QHDHP at the annual amount of $700 for employee only and $1400 for two person and family coverage.
- PPO Plan annual deductible will remain at $350 for employee only coverage and $700 for two-person or family coverage.
Vision Coverage: (no changes for 2024)
- VBA covers an exam every 12 months
- VBA covers lenses every 12 months
- Material Allowance for contacts (in lieu of eyeglass benefits) is $125 every 12 months
- Frames wholesale allowance every 24 months is $75 (approximately $175 to $210 retail value)
- You can check your eligibility here.
Voluntary Dental Coverage:
- MetLife Dental rates have changed for the 2024 plan year; find new rates HERE.
- MetLife Dental Benefit Summary available HERE.
- REMINDER: Dental ID cards will not be mailed. While an ID card is not needed for in-network services, you can print an ID card by accessing the MetLife Portal.
Open Enrollment Forms:
- Pre-Tax Election of Benefits Form ( Section 125)*Pick your election using this form
- Health Plan Rates 2024
- PPO Plan Design 2024
- QHDHP Plan Design 2024
- HSA Payroll Deduction 2024
- 2024 Spouse Insurance Certification
- 2024 Health Plan Waiver
- Highmark Enrollment Form
- VBA Vision Enrollment Form
- MetLife Dental Enrollment Form
- The Hartford Life Insurance Enrollment Form
- The Hartford Beneficiary Form
- Ameriflex FSA and DCA Enrollment Portal Instructions
- TIAA Salary Reduction Form 2024
- TIAA Salary Reduction Form 2023
- 2024 Wellness Rewards Participant Agreement
- 2023 Tax Bracket Changes
- TIAA Retirement Webinars
- Highmark Provider Network (Select Plan Name BCBS PPO)
- Highmark Drug Formulary (Select Comprehensive Incentive Formulary)
- Virtual Care Provided by Amwell
- ConnectCare 3
- Copay Armor Drug List- PPO Plan Only
- Site of Care Eligible Infusion List
- Site of Care Flyer
- $3 Generics
- Highmark Formulary Information
- Highmark Mail Order Drugs
- Highmark Mail Order Form
- Transition Team for Continuity of Care
- Highmark Telemedicine
- Highmark Preventative Care 2024
- Highmark Member Discount
- Highmark Enrollment Form
- Highmark Share Care
- Highmark Coaching
- Highmark Navigator Registration Instructions
- Highmark Navigator
- Highmark Care while Overseas
- 2024 Health Insurance Marketplace Notice
- 2023 Health Insurance Marketplace Notice
- Ameriflex Online FSA Enrollment Tutorial
- Link to Ameriflex Enrollment Login
- Link to My Ameriflex
- Ameriflex Portal Instructions
- Frequently Asked Questions - Flex Rollover Feature
- Ameriflex Eligible Expenese
- 2023 HSA Payroll Deduction Form
- Colonial Open Enrollment
- Colonial Rates and Information
- Broker's National Change/Waiver Form
- Vision Benefits of America *check your eligibility here