Juniata welcomes students from around the world for degree study, for study while on exchange from a home university, and for English language study.
Degree Application Information
Students who have completed secondary school education (high school) in good standing are eligible to apply for admission. Most students begin their studies in the Fall semester (in late-August), although it is possible to begin in the Spring semester (in mid-January). The application deadline for Spring semester is November 1. Recommended application deadline dates for the Fall semester are:
Regular Decision - Deadline: March 15
Regular Decision applicants who choose Juniata must deposit by May 1.
*Taking into consideration the delays and cancellations from testing agencies this year, we wanted to give your international students the opportunity to complete their Juniata College application
Early Decision I - Deadline: November 15
Early Decision I (ED I) is a binding agreement available for applicants who know that Juniata is their number one choice. Applicants may only apply Early Decision to one institution. A matriculation deposit is due by February 15.
Early Action - Deadline: January 5
The Early Action application deadline is January 5th - admission decisions are released by February 15th.
Applications received past the deadline will be accepted on a case by case basis.
To apply students should submit the following items:
- Common Application w/ essay written by student. Must be submitted online.
- Official secondary school/high school academic records. Transcripts, certificates, and diplomas with certified English translations.
Students transferring from another university should also forward all official university transcripts. Applicants who universities outside the U.S. must have their credentials from those schools evaluated by credential evaluation services like World Education Services (WES).
- SAT-l or ACT Results- optional. Official scores should be sent directly to Juniata from the testing service. Juniata's SAT code is 2341 and ACT code is 3600.
- Proof of English Proficiency- Required if English is not your native language. Juniata accepts TOEFL, IELTS and Pearson Academic PTE. A TOEFL score of 80 iBT or equivalent result in another test is required for full admission to Juniata. Applicants with scores below the requirement who otherwise meet admission requirements may be eligible for conditional admission. Conditionally admitted students are required to enroll in Juniata's Intensive English Program before beginning degree classes. Official score reports should be sent directly from the testing service to Juniata. Juniata's code for the TOEFL is 2341.
- A letter of recommendation from a teacher or school official
- Proof of Financial Support - Persons applying for admission must provide appropriate documentation to show that they will have sufficient financial support to attend Juniata. Documentation can include a certified bank statement of account or an official letter from a bank. Letters of employment and other evidence of sources of income and assets may be helpful, but are not necessary. The documents should clearly show that the student has sufficient funds to meet all financial needs for the full period of study at Juniata (including the costs of tuition, fees, room and board, travel, health insurance, and personal expenses). If sponsored by someone else (such as a parent, family member, government agency, or other individual or organization), a bank statement and an original letter from the sponsor (in English or with a certified translation) are necessary. The letter should state the sponsor's willingness to support the student for the period of study and give the specific amount, in U.S. Dollars.
- International Student Financial Aid Application - if you are applying for need-based aid.
Applications for admission must be submitted online. All additional documents should be sent to:Enrollment Center
1700 Moore Street
Huntingdon, PA 16652
USA Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Only applications for degree-seeking students should be sent to the above office. Students interested in exchange, Intensive English, or other short-term programs should send their documents to The Center for International Education.
- Admission notification is usually sent four to six weeks after all required credentials are received.
- Students offered admission will be required to submit a $400 matriculation fee to reserve a space in the entering class.
- After you are accepted and submit your deposit to Juniata, you will probably need to apply for a student visa to enter the United States. I-20s will be sent approximately 60-90 days before the beginning of each semester.
Interviews are not required for admission, but are highly encouraged. If you would like to schedule a free Skype interview, please contact Associate Director of International Recruitment, Ran Tu, at email@example.com.
Because of limited resources and a large number of applicants, international applicants from greater China, including Hong Kong and Taiwan, and South Korea can also participate in an interview conducted by InitialView as part of their application. InitialView will conduct and record an interview with you and provide it directly to us for our review.
InitialView does not rate or grade the interview. Evaluation of the interview is done by the Juniata College admission office. You may learn more about InitialView at www.initialview.com.
Please arrange to have your interview completed as early as possible in the application cycle.
Contact a Current International Student
This is a program that focuses on connecting current international students, who have been through the admission process, with prospective international students seeking to gain a better understanding of the Juniata College campus, student body, academics, and social life. If you would like to contact a current international student, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Information and Visiting Juniata
For questions about international applications or to schedule a visit contact: Coordinator of International Admission, TEL: +1 (814) 641-3427, FAX: +1 (814) 641-3100 or email email@example.com.
This website is offered by EducationUSA, which represent more than 450 advising centers across the world supported by the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs at the U.S. Department of State. There is information for undergraduate study, scholarships, and planning for study in the USA.
Estimated International Degree-Seeking Student Budget for 2018 - 2019
All full-time, degree-seeking international students at Juniata will receive a $2,000 per year International Friendship Award. Most international students are eligible for partial merit-based scholarships (scholarships for students with a record of high academic achievement). Currently, these scholarships range in amount from $2,000 to $25,000 per year. Complete financial aid and scholarship information including links to other sources of financial aid can be found at the section Financial Aid and Scholarships.
(actual fees may vary slightly; does not include transportation costs)
- Tuition $44,772
- Room $6,666
- Meals $5,855
- Miscellaneous Fees $825 (Activity Fee- $210, Health Center Fee- $225, Technology Fee- $390)
- Books and Supplies, Personal Exp $3,000
Personal expenses include the costs of accommodation and travel during the times when the campus residence halls are closed. Please refer to the section on travel for international students.
- Accident and Sickness Insurance* $1,684 (undergraduate)
- TOTAL $62,802
*All Juniata students are required to enroll in Juniata College's Insurance Plan.
Matriculation: When a student has been accepted for admission as a degree-seeking student, a $400 matriculation fee is to be paid by May 1. This nonrefundable fee reserves a space in the entering class. Once the student enrolls, $250 establishes the security deposit and $150 is credited toward the cost of orientation and credentialing services.
Accident and Sickness Insurance 2018-2019
All Juniata (F-1 and J-1 Visa) students are required to enroll in Juniata College's insurance plan.
|Fall Semester only
|Spring and Summer