Student Accessibility Services operates the Testing Center in Good Hall, 216. Students receiving exam accommodations may elect to have their exams proctored in the Testing Center by the Testing and Accessibility Coordinator. The Testing Center allows for a distraction reduced testing environment and ease of providing extended time. Utilization of the Testing Center is especially helpful when scheduling conflicts necessitate taking time-extended exams at a different time and/or on a different day than the class exam is administered.
- Complete the Alternative Testing Instructions Form to inform SAS staff of exam dates, parameters, and delivery and return instructions. The form may be completed via the link in any Letter of Accommodations you receive or via the Alternative Testing section of the AIM instructor portal.
- Meet with your student(s) to discuss how exam accommodations will be implemented. Mutually agree on a date and time for exams that will be taken in the Testing Center.
- Monitor your AIM instructor portal and email for student Exam Request submissions and approvals.
- Contact the Testing and Accessibility Coordinator with any corrections or concerns.
- Submit all testing materials to the Testing and Accessibility Coordinator at least 1 business day prior to the scheduled start of exams.
- Receive completed exams via your specified delivery method.
NOTE REGARDING FINAL EXAMS: The Testing Center is open Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. during final exam week. However, exam start times are limited to only 8:00 a.m. or 2:00 p.m. to allow for up to six hours of extended time for some students. If your final is scheduled for 1:00 p.m. or 6:00 p.m., then students with testing accommodations will schedule for 2:00 p.m. if taking their exam in the Testing Center. This scheduling limitation may also lead to students needing to take your exam earlier in the day or on a different day if they have a conflict. Students are advised to speak with their instructors as soon as a conflict is identified. Additionally, students with Sunday evening finals are instructed to schedule for Monday at 8:00 a.m. unless they provide your written permission to schedule for another day or time.
Frequently Asked Questions: