There's always something going on in Campus Ministry! Campus Ministry encompasses
a wide variety of student organizations and activities that provide students with
opportunities for exploring their faith and developing their leadership skills.
Student Organizations Affiliated with Campus Ministry
Campus Ministry Activities
- Interfaith Calendar
- Bible Studies & Discussion Groups
- Prayer and Meditation - The Unity House is equipped with a Meditation Room, which provides a private, quiet
place for individual or small group prayer and meditation. The Meditation Room is
stocked with candles and other worship items and is available anytime the Unity House
is open. In addition, Campus Ministry regularly makes a labyrinth available for prayer
- FaithQuest - At the beginning of the school year, Campus Ministry coordinates a program called
FaithQuest, to help students make connections with a local place of worship. Students
gather at the Unity House for a light breakfast and then go in groups to attend worship
- Pasta Dinners - About once a month during the academic year, Campus Ministry hosts Pasta Dinners
for students and staff. The dinners are free and there's no formal program.
- Spirituali-Tea Discussions - Periodically, Campus Ministry sponsors discussions on some topic related to spirituality,
accompanied by tea & coffee and other refreshments. Facilitated by a member of the
JC faculty or staff member or the local community, discussions have included Faith
& Politics; Homosexuality and the Bible; Continuing Your Faith Journey in College;
Is the Bible the Inspired Word of God?; Living in a Multi-Faith America; The Power
of Prayer and other topics of interest.
- Soul Food Discussion for Faculty & Staff - Soul Food is a monthly lunch discussion for employees, coordinated by Catholic
Campus Minister Lisa Baer in which employees bring lunch and enjoy stimulating conversation
on various topics related to spirituality.