|General Biology I
|General Biology II
|Integrated Chemistry Principles I
|Integrated Chemistry Principles I Lab
|Integrated Chemistry Principles II
|Integrated Chemistry Principles II Lab
|Organic Chemistry I
|Organic Chemistry I Lab
|Introduction to Sociology
|Introduction to Psychology
|Comparative Anatomy Laboratory
|Microbiology I Lab
|Microbiology Lab II
|The Life Cycle
|English Course (in addition to CWS)
|Social Science course
- Recommend Communication courses, Ethics of Health Care, Death and Dying, religion, economics, business, Aging and Society, Mental & Physical Handicaps, Minorities, Social Problems and Social Welfare, abnormal or social psychology, arts, history, and political science.
- This course list does NOT represent a POE, nor does it cover College requirements.
- Make sure to have an advisor on the Health Professions Committee.
- In addition to your course work it is mandatory to gain experience in nursing either during the school year or over the summer.
Competitive Credentials- 3.2-3.5 Science and overall GPA for BSN; minimum 3.2 Science and overall GPA for master’s programs; GRE in 50th percentile or better in Verbal and Quantitative sections and at least 4 in Analytical Writing .
Case Western University Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing (Graduate Entry Masters of Nursing)- While no longer a formal agreement for articulation, we do work closely together to ensure Juniata students have preference in the application process.
Stay tuned for additional affiliation partners!
- American Nurses Association
- American Association of College of Nursing
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- Accelerated Nursing Programs for Non-Nursing Graduates
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) information and class locations
- Financial Aid for Nursing Students - www.aacn.nche.edu/students/financial-aid; http://www.nursingexplorer.com/scholarships
- General Information- www.bestnursingdegree.com ; www.discovernursing.com; http://www.onlinenursingprograms.com/; http://www.nursingexplorer.com/; http://explorehealthcareers.org/en/homehttp://www.rntobsnonline.com/careers/; http://www.allnursingschools.com/nursing-careers/registered-nursing/degrees and NursingSchool411.com
- National Association of Clinical Nurse Specialists
- Nurse Midwifery education programs
- Schools Offering Baccalaureate and Graduate Nursing Programs
Suggested Core Progression for Pre-Nursing*
*If you are planning to study abroad or if you are in accelerated program consult with your Health Professions advisor to plan your course progression
Bolded courses are offered only in the indicated semester and/or require a specific sequence due to Juniata prerequisites. Non-bolded courses are either offered in both semesters or represent open-ended choices, making them more flexible in when they can be taken. Course progressions after the freshman year are not carved in stone. Your particular course sequence may be different, depending on your situation. Consult with your advisor.
|Social Science course
If you study abroad the SAFEST strategy is to take ALL prerequisite courses for professional school in the U.S., which may require you to take courses in the U.S. over the summer, preferably at a 4 year institution. However, if this is extremely difficult for your situation, check with the professional schools you wish to attend to see if they will accept courses taken abroad and if so, get their response in writing.
Be mindful of your POE courses, which are NOT indicated here.