For an Event with Alcohol

College policies apply to all student clubs and organizations.  To register a campus event where there will be alcohol, please complete the Social Request Form and meet with the Assistant Director of Student Activities at least two (2) weeks before your scheduled event.


  • The purchase, possession, and consumption, and/or transportation of alcoholic beverages by those under the age of 21 are prohibited.
  • Furnishing alcoholic beverages to people under the age of 21 is prohibited.
  • Kegs, beer balls, and similar products are not permitted on campus.
  • The possession of excessively potent forms of ethyl alcohol (i.e., grain) for drinking purposes is prohibited.
  • Each student must carry proper identification and proof of age and produce such identification when requested by a college official. All guests who are 21 years of age or older must have a wristband provided by the sponsoring organization.
  • Non-student guests are subject to all college policies related to the use of alcoholic beverages.  Student hosts will be held responsible for the behavior of their guest(s).
  • Open containers of alcoholic beverages are prohibited in public areas of college.  The Assistant Director or Director of Student Activities may grant exceptions to this policy for registered social functions.
  • All social functions in public areas involving the use of alcoholic beverages must be approved at least two (2) weeks in advance by the Assistant Director of Director of Student Activities and must comply with the procedures outlined on the Social Request Form.
  • Event sponsors may not distribute alcoholic beverages at the function.  Beverages can only be distributed by the Event Managers who are certified TIPS trained individuals.  All registered social events must be BYOB (bring your own beer).  College funds may not be used to purchase alcoholic beverages and sponsors may not participate in the purchase and/or delivery of alcoholic beverage for attendees.
  • All social functions involving alcoholic beverages in public areas must have an Event Manager present.  Event Managers will oversee the checking of identification and distrubution of alcoholic beverages to guests.  The Assistant Director of Student activities will coordinate the Event Managers that will work your approved event.  If no Event Managers are available the event will need to be rescheduled for a later date and/or cancelled. 
  • When alcoholic beverages are permitted, non-alcoholic beverages and food must be provided.
  • Social functions in residence hall lounges must comply with residence hall policies.
  • Event sponsors must not interfere with college officials when monitoring the function and enforcing policies.
  • If an organization cancels a social function, the event sponsor must notify the Office of Student Activities with at least 24 hour notice. 

Office of Student Activities

Note:  Event Managers will be paid minimum wage ($7.25/hour) for working BYOB events.  Below lists the amount that need to be paid per Event Manage per hour.  You will be contacted by the Office of Student Acitivies to transfers funds to pay for the Event Managers.

1 hour = $7.25
2 hours = $14.50
3 hours = $21.75
4 hours = $29.00