Announcing the Champions of Diversity Mini-Grants
Thanks to the generous donations of the below named individuals Champions of Diversity Mini-grant is being offered to aid in travel, registration or lodging expenses associated with attending a conference or workshop where knowledge or skills will be gained with regard to diversity, inclusion, social justice, multicultural education or multicultural student support.
Applicants are encouraged to seek out conferences, trainings and workshops that are specific to their field of study, but which also foster inclusion and develop skills with regard to multicultural affairs. All applications will be reviewed monthly at the Diversity Committee meeting. Funds may be requested up to $500 once per employee/student per academic year. Approved funds will be transferred into a departmental budget where applicable.
"This fund allows students to have opportunities to participate in experiences that are both enriching and life-changing. Because of the Champions of Diversity Fund, I have been able to attend the National Student Leadership and Diversity Convention in New York City and the Out for Work Conference in Washington D.C. Both of these opportunities have opened doors for me by establishing connections with people across the country and learning about being a strong leader, ally, and facilitator. Both of these conferences helped me to be comfortable with my identity and use my talents to inspire others."
-Mori Hitchcock, Juniata College Class of 2016
Become a Champion of Diversity and Strengthen the Juniata Community!
Thank you to all who contributed!!! Make a contribution and join the 2016-2017 Champions of Diversity:
- Rounida Shwaish '15
- Marissa Gunn '05 and Nicholas Elton
- Mandi Walls '99
- Tasia White '08
- Matthew Damschroder
- Ty Furman '90
- Grace Fala and Dawn Hayes '95
- Kelly McCrum Robinson '94 and Craig M. Robinson
- Athena and Kenneth Frederick
- Megan Brown '02 and Jessie Jacobs
- Cathy and Jeff Closz
- Clemence Houriez '11
- Kathleen Padamonsky Dickey '97 and Will Dickey
- Angela Dredden '84
- Thomas and Pat Kepple
- Daniel Dries
- Karina Gonzalez '08 and Michael Johnson '07
- Craig Hoffman '84 and Allen Harris
- Shelley Kauffman '91 and David Osgood
- Sally Oberle '99 and John Matter
- Christina Briggs '14
- Miranda '00 and Dom Peruso
- Brent Hurley '93
- Bethany Sheffield
- Corey Lacey '14
- Susan Sieber
- Jonathan 08' and Kimberly '08 Reveley-Cohen
- Norm and Anne Siems
- Adriana Kao '03
- Kathleen Jones
- Lisa and John Roth
- Megan Brown '02 and Jessie Jacobs
- Thomas and Lisa Wood Kirvin '85
- Stephen Crowley '73
- Claire Williams '10 and Danielle Gaisior '12
- Lorri Shideler Panaia
Your gift will generously support:
- Student attendance at diversity-enriching workshops
- Intercultural Communication awareness projects
- Health & wellness needs of students
- Special conferences, camps & inclusion initiatives
- You...to become the best you can be by being fully yourself
There are three ways to become a Champion of Diversity:
- Visit the Unity House at 1905 Moore Street, Huntingdon, PA for a donation form.
- Email us at email@example.com or call us at (814)641-3361, and request a donation form.
- Contribute online, making sure to designate "Other" and typing in "Champions of Diversity"
The Office of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion invites you to give what you can...
BE THE DIFFERENCE YOU SEEK TO MAKE!
Show your colors!
Flaunt your pride!
Nourish your neighbor!
Help us to become an even more open, inclusive and welcoming community.